Study of Intratumoral G100 With Or Without Pembrolizumab In Patients With Follicular Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma
a study on Lymphoma
This is a Phase 1/2 open label trial of G100 in patients with low grade NHL. G100 is composed of glucopranosyl lipid A in a stable emulsion and is a potent TLR4 (toll-like receptor-4) agonist. G100 will be administered by direct injection (intratumorally) into tumors of low grade NHL following standard low dose radiation therapy. Preclinical models and clinical studies in other cancers such as Merkel cell carcinoma have demonstrated that G100 administered in this manner can alter the tumor microenvironment, activate dendritic cells, T cells and other immune cells and induce systemic anti-tumor immune responses. In this trial, the safety, immunogenicity, and clinical efficacy of G100 will be examined alone or with pembrolizumab.
Phase 1/2 Study of Intratumoral G100 With Or Without Pembrolizumab In Patients With Follicular Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma
This is a multi-center Phase 1/2 open label trial of intratumoral G100 in patients with low grade NHL. Patients with NHL who are to be treated with local radiation will be enrolled and receive G100 to an accessable tumor mass. Clinical response will be evaluated in the injected lesion and systemic (abscopal) responses will be evaluated in distal areas involved with tumor.
The study will be conducted in 3 parts. In Part 1, Dose Escalation, 2 sequentially enrolled cohorts of patients will be treated at one of 2 dose levels of G100 using a standard escalation design. In this portion of the study, both follicular and marginal zone NHL will eligible. In Part 2, 2 groups of patients with follicular NHL may be examined. One group will be randomly assigned to receive either single agent G100 intratumorally at the maximum safe dose determined in Part 1 following local radiation or will receive the same treatment regimen sequentially administered with pembrolizumab. A second treatment group may be explored if the safety profile in Part 1 is acceptable. In this optional group, patients with injectable tumors of 4 cm or greater would be enrolled and treated with a higher dose of G100. In Part 3, expansion of a higher dose (20µg of G100) in patients with follicular NHL will be enrolled to receive local radiation therapy and intratumoral G100 (no tumor size requirement in this arm).
The primary goal of this study is to determine the safety and tolerability of different doses of G100 when administered by intratumoral injection. The development of anti-tumor immune responses and preliminary evidence of clinical responses in local and distal tumor sites will also be examined.
Follicular Lymphoma (Marginal Zone Allowed During Dose Escalation Only) follicular lymphoma fNHL low-grade lymphoma Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma follicular NHL Marginal Zone Pembrolizumab
You can join if…
Open to people ages 18 years and up
- Follicular low-grade NHL: either treatment naïve (except for France) or relapsed or refractory following at least one prior treatment. In Part 1 Dose Escalation only, in addition to follicular NHL, marginal zone B cell lymphomas: either treatment naïve or relapsed or refractory following at least one prior treatment.
- Tumor mass(es) accessible for intratumoral injection and are being considered for local radiation therapy and at least one additional site of disease outside the radiation field for assessment of distal (abscopal) response
- ≥ 18 years of age
- Life expectancy of ≥ 6 months per the investigator
- Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) performance status of 0 or 1
- ECG without evidence of clinically significant arrhythmia or ischemia
- If female of childbearing potential (FCBP), willing to undergo pregnancy testing and agrees to use two methods of birth control or is considered highly unlikely to conceive during the dosing period and for three months after last study treatment, or if receiving pembrolizumab, four months after last treatment
- If male and sexually active with a FCBP, must agree to use highly effective contraception such as latex condom or is sterile (e.g. following a surgical procedure)during the dosing period and for three months after last study treatment, or if receiving pembrolizumab, four months after last treatment
You CAN'T join if...
- Cancer therapies, including chemotherapy, radiation (non-study regimen related),biologics or kinase inhibitors, G-CSF or GM-CSF within 4 weeks prior to the first scheduled G100 dose
- Investigational therapy within 4 weeks prior to G100 dosing
- Prior administration of other intratumoral immunotherapeutics
- Inadequate organ function including:
- Marrow: Peripheral blood leukocyte count (WBC) < 3000/mm3, absolute neutrophil count ≤ 1500/mm3, platelets < 75000/mm3, or hemoglobin < 10 gm/dL
- Hepatic: alanine aminotransferase (ALT), and aspartate aminotransferase (AST)> 2.5 x Upper Limit of Normal (ULN), total serum bilirubin> 1.5 x ULN (patients with Gilbert's Disease may be included if their total bilirubin is ≤3.0 mg/dL)
- Renal: Creatinine> 1.5x ULN
- Other: INR (prothrombin time ratio) or partial thromboplastin time (PTT)>1.5 x ULN
- Significant immunosuppression from:
- Concurrent, recent (≤ 4 weeks ago) or anticipated treatment with systemic corticosteroids at any dose, or
- Other immunosuppressive medications such as methotrexate, cyclosporine,azathioprine or conditions such as common variable hypogammaglobulinemia
- Pregnant or nursing
- Myocardial infarction within 6 months of study initiation, active cardiac ischemia or New York Heart Association (NYHA) Grade III or IV heart failure
- History of other cancer within 2 years (except non-melanoma cutaneous malignancies and cervical carcinoma in situ)
- Recent (< 1 week ago) clinically significant infection, active tuberculosis or evidence of active hepatitis B, hepatitis C or HIV infection
- Central nervous system involvement with lymphoma, including parenchymal and leptomeningeal disease
- Significant autoimmune disease, including active non-infectious pneumonitis, with the exception of alopecia, vitiligo, hypothyroidism or other conditions that have never been clinically active or were transient and have completely resolved and require no ongoing therapy
- Psychiatric, other medical illness or other condition that in the opinion of the PI prevents compliance with study procedures or ability to provide valid informed consent
- History of significant adverse or allergic reaction to any component of G100 and, if enrolled in Part 2, anti-PD1 antibodies.
- Use of anti-coagulant agents or history a significant bleeding diathesis. (If a superficial lymph node or subcutaneous mass is to be injected, patients on agents such as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), aspirin, or clopidogrel are eligible and these agents do not have to be withheld. For procedures with moderate or significant risk of bleeding, long-acting agents such as aspirin or clopidogrel should be discussed with the Medical Monitor and may need to be discontinued before G100 therapy.
For patients enrolled in Part 2 with the potential to receive pembrolizumab:
- History of interstitial lung disease
- Received a live virus vaccine within 30 days of planned study start
- Has undergone prior allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation within the last 5 years. (Subjects who have had a transplant greater than 5 years ago are eligible as long as there are no symptoms of GVHD.)
- Has received prior therapy with an anti-PD-1, anti-PD-L1, or anti-PD-L2 agent or if the patient has previously participated in Merck MK-3475 clinical trials.
- University of California, San Francisco accepting new patients
San Francisco, California, 94143, United States
- City of Hope accepting new patients
Duarte, California, 91010, United States
Please contact me about this study
We will not share your information with anyone other than the team in charge of this study. Submitting your contact information does not obligate you to participate in research.
The study team should get back to you in a few business days.
You will also receive an email with next steps. Check your junk/spam folder if needed.
If you do not hear from the study team, please call 888-689-8273 and tell them you’re interested in study number NCT02501473.