Phase 1 Safety and Tolerability Study of Andes-1537 for Injection in Patients With Advanced Unresectable Solid Tumors
a study on Solid Tumor
This is a first-in-human, open-label, dose escalation and expansion, 2-part study to determine the safety, tolerability, and maximum tolerated dose of Andes-1537 for Injection in patients with advanced unresectable solid tumors that are refractory to standard therapy or for which no standard therapy is available.
A Phase 1 Open-label First-in-human Dose-escalating Safety and Tolerability Study Evaluating Subcutaneous Administration of Andes-1537 for Injection in Patients With Advanced Unresectable Solid Tumors That Are Refractory to Standard Therapy or For Which No Standard Therapy is Available
Part 1 is a dose-escalation study to establish the maximum tolerated dose based on dose-limiting toxicities and to evaluate the safety and tolerability of multiple doses of Andes-1537 for Injection in patients with advanced unresectable solid tumors that are refractory to standard therapy or for which no standard therapy is available. Part 2 is an open-label, dose-expansion study to determine the safety, tolerability, and preliminary efficacy of Andes-1537 in patients with advanced solid tumors. In part 2, patients will be enrolled and receive the recommended phase 2 dose established in part 1 based on the safety, tolerability, pharmacokinetics, and preliminary efficacy data.
Advanced Unresectable Solid Tumors Neoplasms Solid Tumors Advanced Malignancy Cancer Andes-1537 for Injection
You can join if…
Open to people ages 18 years and up
- Men and women 18 years of age or older
- Can understand and voluntarily sign an informed consent form prior to any study-related assessments or procedures, and are able to adhere to the study visit schedule and other protocol requirements
- Patient with documented pathological evidence of a cancer from which has developed advanced unresectable solid tumors that are, in the opinion of their treating physician, refractory to standard therapy or for which no standard therapy is available
- Consent to tumor biopsy from accessible tissue (optional in part 1, mandatory in part 2)
- Part 2 only: have measureable disease by RECIST
- Have Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) performance status of ≤ 1
Have adequate organ function, confirmed by the following laboratory values obtained ≤3 days prior to the first treatment: absolute neutrophil count ≥ 1.5 × 109/L;hemoglobin ≥ 9 g/dL; platelets ≥ 100 × 109/L; aspartate transaminase and alanine transaminase ≤ 2.5 × upper limit of normal (ULN); serum total bilirubin ≤ 2.0 × ULN;serum creatinine ≤ 1.5 × ULN, or estimated or measured creatinine clearance ≥ 60 mL/min; prothrombin time, activated partial thromboplastin time ≤ 1.5 × ULN if not on anticoagulation therapy
- Female patients of childbearing potential must have a negative serum pregnancy test and be using adequate contraception prior to study entry and must agree to use adequate contraception from study entry through at least 6 months after discontinuation of study drug.
- Male patients at screening must agree to practice adequate contraception from study entry through at least 6 months after discontinuation of study drug.
You CAN'T join if...
- Have symptomatic central nervous system metastases. Patients with brain metastases that have been previously treated and are stable for ≥ 4 weeks or treated with gamma knife surgery and are stable for ≥ 2 weeks are allowed to enter the study.
- Have unstable angina, clinically significant cardiac arrhythmia, New York Heart Association Class 3 or 4 congestive heart failure, or prolonged QT interval corrected wave of greater than 470 ms.
- Receiving treatment with any medication known to produce QT prolongation within 7 days of study entry
- Have had prior systemic chemotherapy treatments or investigational modalities ≤ 5 half-lives or 4 weeks, whichever is shorter, prior to starting treatment with Andes-1537 or who have not recovered from side effects, grade 2 or greater, of such therapy (except alopecia)
- Have had major surgery ≤ 2 weeks prior to starting treatment with Andes-1537 or who have not recovered from side effects of such surgery
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Have had DVT or venous thromboembolism within 6 weeks of study entry
- Have active uncontrolled bleeding or a known bleeding disorder
- Have any serious or unstable concomitant systemic conditions that are incompatible with this clinical study, including but not limited to substance abuse, psychiatric disturbance, or uncontrolled intercurrent illness (including active infection),arterial thrombosis, or symptomatic pulmonary embolism
- Have a known sensitivity to any of the components of Andes-1537
- Are unable or unwilling to follow protocol instructions and requirements
- UCSF Medical Center at Mount Zion, Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, Early Phase Clinical Trials accepting new patients
San Francisco California 94115 United States
Please contact me about this study
We will not share your information with anyone other than the team in charge of this study. Submitting your contact information does not obligate you to participate in research.
The study team should get back to you in a few business days.
You will also receive an email with next steps. Check your junk/spam folder if needed.
If you do not hear from the study team, please call 888-689-8273 and tell them you’re interested in study number NCT02508441.