If you are interested in a clinical trial at UCSF, you will:
- Use this site to let the researcher know you are interested.
- The researcher will contact you using the contact information you give.
- The researcher will tell you more about the study.
- You can ask the researcher any questions you have.
- The researcher will ask you some questions to see if you are “eligible,” that is, you meet the rules of the study.
- If you are eligible and still want to join, the researcher will enroll you.
- You will review and sign a consent form.
- A consent form states your rights.
- A consent form states what the possible benefits and harms are.
- A consent form states what you have to do in the study.
- This usually includes visits at UCSF to get the treatment and tests.
- The number and types of visits and tests vary from one study to another.
- You can stop being in the study at any time for any reason.
See Laura's story or Brian's story to learn about their experiences in cancer clinical trials at UCSF.