Randomized Trial of Adult Subjects With Generalized Anxiety Disorder
a study on Anxiety Disorders
The purpose of this study is to compare the efficacy of BHV-4157 versus placebo in subjects with Generalized Anxiety Disorder.
A Multicenter, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo Controlled Trial of Troriluzole in Generalized Anxiety Disorder
Generalized Anxiety Disorder Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) Disease Anxiety Disorders Troriluzole
You can join if…
Open to people ages 18-65
- Primary diagnosis of generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) either moderate or severe as per Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition (DSM-V) as confirmed by the MINI at Screening, in addition to a psychiatric evaluation by a board- certified or Biohaven-approved board-eligible psychiatrist; The duration of illness must be ≥ 1 year
- HAM-A Total Score of ≥ 18 at both Screening and Baseline
- CGI-S score of ≥ 4 at both Screening and Baseline
- Determined by the investigator to be medically stable at baseline/randomization as assessed by medical history, physical examination, laboratory test results, and electrocardiogram testing. Subjects must be physically able and expected to complete the trial as designed
- Minimum of 6 years of education or equivalent to complete necessary scales and understand consent forms
- Subjects must be able to understand and agree to comply with the prescribed dosage regimens and procedures; report for regularly scheduled office visits; and reliably communicate with study personnel about adverse events and concomitant medications
- Women of childbearing potential must have a negative serum pregnancy test at screening and a negative urine pregnancy test prior to dosing at Baseline
You CAN'T join if...
- Subjects with a primary DSM-V psychiatric disorder diagnosis other than GAD within the past 6-months. Note: Subjects with a secondary diagnosis of comorbid social anxiety disorder or specific phobia are allowed, if in the investigator's judgement, the diagnosis is not sufficiently prominent and active so as to be confound the assessment of GAD symptoms
- Subjects should be excluded at screening or baseline if any medical or psychiatric condition other than GAD, as specified in the inclusion criteria, could predominantly explain or contribute significantly to the subjects' symptoms or that could confound assessment of GAD symptoms
- Patients who report a history of inadequate response (per investigator judgement) to three (3) or more adequate trials (including current trial) of any SSRI or SNRI, at an adequate dose and adequate duration (at least 8 weeks) for the treatment of GAD within the 3 years prior to randomization
- HAM-D-17 item 1 of >1 at Screening or Baseline
- HAM-D-17 of > 19 at Baseline
- Any eating disorder within the last 12 months prior to Screening
- Acute suicidality in the last 12 months, or suicide attempt or self-injurious behavior in the last 12 months prior to Screening
- Score of >0 on the Sheehan Suicidality Tracking Scale for the period of 12 months prior to screening, and at baseline
- History of psychosurgery, deep brain stimulation (DBS) or electroconvulsive therapy (ECT)
- University of California, San Francisco-Fresno
accepting new patients
Fresno California 93701 United States
- Pacific Research Partners, LLC
accepting new patients
Oakland California 94607 United States
- accepting new patients
- Start Date
- Completion Date
- Biohaven Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Phase 3
- Study Type
- Last Updated
Please contact me about this study
We will not share your information with anyone other than the team in charge of this study. Submitting your contact information does not obligate you to participate in research.
The study team should get back to you in a few business days.
You will also receive an email with next steps. Check your junk/spam folder if needed.
If you do not hear from the study team, please call 888-689-8273 and tell them you’re interested in study number NCT03829241.