Phase 2 Study of Poziotinib in Patients With NSCLC Having EGFR or HER2 Exon 20 Insertion Mutation
This is a Phase 2, open-label, multi-center study to evaluate the efficacy and the safety/tolerability of poziotinib in seven patient cohorts for up to 603 previously treated and treatment-naïve NSCLC patients. Cohorts 3 and 4 were added with Amendment 1 and three additional cohorts were added with Amendment 2 (Cohorts 5, 6 and 7).
A Phase 2 Study of Poziotinib in Patients With Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC), Locally Advanced or Metastatic, With EGFR or HER2 Exon 20 Insertion Mutation (ZENITH20)
The Screening period (Day -30 to Day -1) lasts up to approximately 30 days prior to Cycle 1, Day 1. Patients must meet all Inclusion/Exclusion Criteria to participate in the study. Eligible patients will provide written Informed Consent prior to undergoing any study procedures. Each treatment cycle is 28 calendar days in duration. There will be seven patient cohorts and eligible patients will be enrolled into each cohort in parallel based on EGFR or HER2 exon 20 mutation status and prior treatment status: - Cohort 1: Previously treated patients with EGFR exon 20 insertion mutation positive NSCLC (closed to enrollment) - Cohort 2: Previously treated patients with HER2 exon 20 insertion mutation positive NSCLC (closed to enrollment) - Cohort 3: Treatment naïve patients with EGFR exon 20 insertion mutation positive NSCLC (fully enrolled) - Cohort 4: Treatment naïve patients with HER2 exon 20 insertion mutation positive NSCLC - Cohort 5: Patients who meet the criteria for enrollment in Cohort 1 to 4, but the enrollment in the respective cohort has been closed - Cohort 6: Patients with acquired EGFR mutation who progressed while on treatment with first-line osimertinib - Cohort 7: Patients with EGFR or HER2 activating mutations Toxicity will be assessed based on the grade of the adverse events using CTCAE version 4.03. On Day 1 of each 28-day cycle, the patient's absolute neutrophil count (ANC) must be ≥1.5×109/L and platelet count must be ≥100×109/L before administering poziotinib. All patients will be treated until disease progression (except for first progression in Cohort 5), death, intolerable adverse events (AEs), or other protocol-specified reasons for patient withdrawal.
NSCLC, EGFR, HER2, Exon 20 insertion mutation, Non-Small-Cell Lung Carcinoma, Poziotinib
You can join if…
Open to people ages 18 years and up
- Patient must be willing and capable of giving written Informed Consent, adhering to dosing and visit schedules, and meeting all study requirements
- Patient has histologically or cytologically confirmed locally advanced or metastatic non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) that is not amenable to treatment with curative intent
- Prior treatment status:
- Cohorts 1 and 2: Patient has had at least one prior systemic treatment for locally advanced or metastatic NSCLC
- Cohorts 3 and 4: Patient is treatment-naïve for locally advanced or metastatic NSCLC and eligible to receive first-line treatment with poziotinib as determined by the Investigator. Adjuvant/neo-adjuvant therapies (chemotherapy, radiotherapy, or investigational agents) are permissible as long as they end at least 15 days prior to study entry.
- Cohort 5: Patients who meet the criteria for enrollment in Cohorts 1 to 4, but the enrollment in the respective cohort has been closed
- Cohort 6: Patients with EGFR mutation-positive NSCLC who progressed while on treatment with first-line osimertinib
- Cohort 7: Patient has had at least one prior systemic treatment for locally advanced or metastatic NSCLC
- Specific mutations:
- Cohort 1 and 3: Documented EGFR exon 20 insertion mutation
- Cohort 2 and 4: Documented HER2 exon 20 insertion mutation
- Cohort 5: Documented EGFR or HER2 exon 20 insertion mutations
- Cohort 6: Documented acquired EGFR mutation (tested after osimertinib progression)
- Cohort 7: Documented EGFR or HER2 activating mutations
- Patient has adequate organ function at Baseline
You CAN'T join if...
- Patient has had previous treatment with poziotinib or any other EGFR or HER2 exon 20 insertion mutation-selective tyrosine kinase inhibitor (TKI) prior to study participation. The currently approved TKIs (ie, erlotinib, gefitinib, afatinib, osimertinib) are not considered to be exon 20 insertion-selective and are permissible (Cohorts 1 and 2).
- Patient is concurrently receiving chemotherapy, biologics, immunotherapy for cancer treatment; systemic anti-cancer treatment or investigational treatment should not be used within 2 weeks or 5 half lives, whichever is longer; local radiation therapy for bone pain may be allowed
- Patient has had other malignancies within the past 3 years, except for stable non-melanoma skin cancer, fully-treated and stable, early-stage prostate cancer, or carcinoma in situ of the cervix or breast without need of treatment
- Patient is pregnant or breast-feeding
- UCSF Helen Diller Comprehensive Cancer Center at Mt Zion
accepting new patients
San Francisco California 94115 United States
- Kaiser Permanente Medical Center
accepting new patients
Vallejo California 94589 United States
- accepting new patients
- Start Date
- Completion Date
- Spectrum Pharmaceuticals, Inc
- Phase 2 research study
- Study Type
- Expecting 603 study participants
- Last Updated
Please contact me about this study
We will not share your information with anyone other than the team in charge of this study. Submitting your contact information does not obligate you to participate in research.
The study team should get back to you in a few business days.
You will also receive an email with next steps. Check your junk/spam folder if needed.
If you do not hear from the study team, please call 888-689-8273 and tell them you’re interested in study number NCT03318939.